Not only pretty, these Double Chocolate Snowballs are a chocolate lover’s dream!
These are one of my favorite holiday cookies, I have been making these for years. They are soft, but not too soft; sweet, but not too sweet. A perfect combination. If you are looking to really dress up a cookie platter, these little gems are for you!
Double Chocolate SnowballsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp EACH baking powder and salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment. In a small bowl, stir flour with cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with 1/2 cup icing sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until mixed. Gradually beat in flour mixture until evenly mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Take teaspoonful and roll into ball. Place on baking sheet. Continue with remaining dough, placing 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven, turning halfway through baking, until cookies are set, about 10 to 14 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a cooling rack. When cool, refrigerate cookies up to 1 week or freeze for 1 month. Just before serving, roll cookies in icing sugar to evenly coat.