This sweet, tasty and juicy wonder should be a summertime staple
This salad first appeared in the 2012 Summer issue of EIEO. It brings together a tasty selection of healthy, flavourful ingredients from the Mediterranean and a summer classic; watermelon. The combination results in a light, refreshing salad, perfect as a snack or side dish. This great recipe came to us from our friends at watermelon.org, visit their site for lots of great watermelon recipes.
Mediterranean Watermelon SaladEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- cracked black pepper
- In large bowl, add mixed salad greens, watermelon, sliced onion and crumbled feta cheese and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate well until later use. Just before serving, toss salad with oil and balsamic vinegar and garnish with pepper.