This sweet, tasty and juicy wonder should be a summertime staple
This salad first appeared in the 2012 Summer issue of EIEO. It brings together a tasty selection of healthy, flavourful ingredients from the Mediterranean and a summer classic; watermelon. The combination results in a light, refreshing salad, perfect as a snack or side dish. This great recipe came to us from our friends at watermelon.org, visit their site for lots of great watermelon recipes.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- cracked black pepper
- In large bowl, add mixed salad greens, watermelon, sliced onion and crumbled feta cheese and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate well until later use. Just before serving, toss salad with oil and balsamic vinegar and garnish with pepper.