The Meal Maker: super fast week-night meal with a fresh new twist!
Heading home from work, but rushing back out with the kids to hockey or ballet? Looking for a nutritious meal that gives everyone the boost of energy they need, but is on the table in 20 minutes? I have the solution…
Did your Mom make you Minute Steaks when you were a kid? Mine did, so I thought I’d bring them back and make them cool again! Why not? They’re simple nutritious protein that is super yummy and ready in no time flat.
When you’re at the meat case looking for these steaks it can be a bit confusing. They are sometimes called Minute Steaks or Cube Steaks, but most often labelled Fast-fry Steaks. There are lots of reasons to pick up these babies; they cook faster than regular steak, are easier on the pocketbook and kids love them.
I love the idea if skipping the added carbs and just piling on the veggies. The rainbow colour of this dish makes it not only good for you, but a feast for the eyes as well. That makes me happy. I hope you will be too!
Minute Steak with RatatouilleEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 Fast-fry Beef Steaks
- 2 tsp Herbes de Provence, divided (or a mix of tarragon, oregano & thyme)
- ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Season the steaks with 1 tsp Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper.
- Add canola oil to sauté pan. Pan-fry using medium-high heat, turning twice or more with tongs. Cook to desired doneness. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add zucchini, onion and remaining 1 tsp Herbes de Provence to pan. Sauté, stirring, for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in feta. Serve over steak topped with fresh topped parsley.
Got a beefy question while you’re out and about? Canada Beef’s got an app for that! So now whether you’re at the meat counter or on the couch, The Roundup app has all you need to know about buying and cooking beef right from your smartphone or iPad. Here’s some more info or just search The Roundup to download the app now.