Fire up the grill for a recipe that you can make once and eat twice!
A perfect summer recipe is one that lets you fire-up the barbecue, grill in a snap, eat one meal and have leftovers for another. Bonus!
This is one of those recipes. It first appeared in the Summer 2014 issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine and was a huge hit. Basically you make a simple Moroccan Spice Rub, rub it on a turkey breast and grill to perfection. A great meal hot off the grill with potatoes and a side salad, and leftovers for another meal the next day. Another option is to save all the grilled meat and make lots of great recipes throughout the week. I shared the Turkey Thai Noodle Salad last year at this time and thought you may like these Moroccan Spice-rubbed Turkey Sandwiches with Asian Slaw too!
I love this Moroccan Spice Rub mix! I use it all summer long to flavour turkey, chicken, pork or lamb grilled on the barbecue. Make the base recipe and serve the turkey meat hot or cold with Asian Slaw and Curried Mayo on a toasted pretzel bun. Yum!
I can’t believe I’m working on the fall issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine already – feels like summer just started. It’s going to be filled with awesome family recipes that can be whipped together in 30 minutes or less. Just what you’ll need to tackle the back-to-school rush. Look for it in your inbox September 12th!
In the meantime, have you checked out the summer issue? There’s still lots of time to try these warm weather classics…
Moroccan Spice-Rubbed Turkey Sandwiches with Asian SlawEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
Moroccan Spice Rib
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
Turkey Sandwich with Asian Slaw
- 2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts
- 4 pretzle buns, slit and toasted
- see recipe below for Asian Slaw and Curried Mayo
TO MAKE TURKEY BREASTS:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl to create a dry rub. Massage the dry rub liberally all over the turkey breasts.
- Grill over medium-high heat approximately minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer reads 170ºF (77ºC). Remove to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve hot off the grill or refrigerate for later.
Make Asian Slaw:
- Combine 4 Tbsp rice vinegar, 3 Tbsp sesame oil in a bowl. Toss with 1 green apple and 1 carrot, BOTH peeled and sliced into fine matchsticks.
Make Curried Mayo:
- Combine 1/3 cup light mayonnaise or Greek yogurt with 1/2 tsp curry powder.
To Assemble sandwiches:
- Thinly slice Moroccan Spice-Rubbed Turkey Breasts.
- Assemble sandwich by spreading Curry Sauce on the pretzel bun bottom. Layer greens of your choice, slices of turkey, slaw and top of bun.