Take a break from the holiday rush with a delicious Mushroom White Pizza
This time of year is so busy. Is it just me, or did the holiday rush start early this year? Everyone is out and about in a shopping frenzy, and it’s just December 1st!
Let’s take a break from the frantic pace of life with something hot, satisfying and super-yummy. Who doesn’t love garlic-butter sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions and two kinds of cheese on a toasty crust. Noooobody!
You don’t have to use flatbread or pitas, but they really are a time-saver. You can also use defrosted pizza dough from the store or if you have the time, make your own fresh. Shape dough into one large or two small rounds, proceed with steps 2 and 3 below, bake pizza on middle rack in a 500ºF oven for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
Hey, did you miss the launch of the Holiday issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine? It’s our 5th anniversary collector’s edition and also the final magazine we will be publishing. While the recipe inspiration will continue here on The Blog, we certainly said goodbye to the magazine in style… just click.
- 1 store bought flatbread or 2 medium pitas
- ⅔ cup ricotta or goats cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cups mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitaki or a mix), sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ⅔ cup shredded fontina cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Spread ricotta or goats cheese over flatbread or pitas. Set aside.
- To a large skillet over medium-high add butter, onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring for 5-8 minutes until softened. Add garlic and continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Spread mushroom mixture on prepared bread. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
- Bake 4-6 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is warmed through and brown.