A showstopper dessert that’s perfect for any holiday table
Have you started your holiday baking yet? Looking for a yummy dessert that compliments any meal? I’m suggesting a bundt cake! It’s simple, serves easily, feeds up to 12 or more and is always a showstopper! Never baked one before, well go out right now and buy yourself a fancy bundt pan. You can make lots of simple cakes like this Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Marble Cake, Apple Spice Cake with Maple Glaze or Lemon Poppyseed Yogurt Cake. People will think that you worked so hard on the dessert when it’s really just the fancy pan. That’s what I like, simple holiday entertaining that’s big on glam and low on effort.
In order to make the season even easier, you can bake this cake a few weeks in advance because it freezes really well. Just bring out to thaw on the countertop the day of the party, drizzle with Sugar Glaze and you’re ready to serve.
This Carrot Pumpkin Bundt Cake is amazing because it’s not too sweet or heavy. Although it’s packed with lots of goodies, I’ve kept the quantity of oil low so it’s still really moist, but not too heavy. Just the perfect thing after a big meal of turkey and all the fixings.
I decided to keep the loaded cake as the star, but it would also be delicious topped with a cream cheese frosting. Cream Cheese is always the perfect compliment to pumpkin and carrot – give it a try and come back and tell me about it!
Hey, did you miss the launch of the Holiday issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine? It’s our 5th anniversary collector’s edition and also the final magazine we will be publishing. While the recipe inspiration will continue here on The Blog, we certainly said goodbye to the magazine in style… just click.
Ultimate Carrot Pumpkin Bundt CakeEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 10-12-cup Bundt pan by greasing well and dusting with flour.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, canola oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients in batches until combined. Stir in carrots, pineapple, coconut raisins and nuts (if using).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes and then turn out onto rack. Drizzle with Sugar Glaze when completely cooled or ready to serve.
Could you please re send me the e mail that was sent in November which had the pork tenderloin recipe with apples and a soya sauce. Thank you.