Oatmeal is good for you, even in these Oatmeal, Banana & Chocolate Chip Muffins!
These are my favourite muffins of all time. Totally not kidding. I’ve been making them for years. I freeze them individually so I can pull one out when a quick breakfast or emergency treat is needed. They are moist, mostly good-for you, and perfect every time.
I know adding the butter is completely over-kill, but I couldn’t resist. Can you?
Overnight Oatmeal, Banana & Chocolate Chip MuffinsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1/2 cup whole flake oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 dark chocolate chips, optional
- In a small bowl, add oatmeal. Pour milk over top and set aside while preparing the rest of recipe, or leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cream oil and sugar. Add eggs and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add oatmeal mixture and stir to combine.
- Combine dry ingredients, then add to wet mixture. Stir until just moistened. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips (if using).
- Fill each of the 12 cups in the muffin tin to the top. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Cool.