Looking for the perfect party tapas? Try this delicious Pancetta, Plums & Pistachios on Brie
It’s always the right time to host a party. Get your next gathering off to the right start with appetizers that are new, creative and sharable. I love love love the idea of a tapas party. Great small bites that the whole group can share. The problem is with the hot gooey goodness of Pancetta, Plums & Pistachios on Brie, you will want it all for yourself!. This easy brie topper showcases the awesome yumminess of pork and the creamy richness of brie – soooo irresistible!
Need more recipes for great party appetizers? We created some nummy ones for the EatInEatOut HOLIDAY 2013 ISSUE.
- 1-13 oz (370 g) brie wheel
- 150 g pancetta, finely diced
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 red or black plum, finely diced
- ¼ cup sherry
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place brie in a baking dish and set aside.
- In a skillet, brown pancetta and onion until pancetta is crisp. Add plum and cook 1 minute. Season with pepper.
- Deglaze the pan by adding sherry. Simmer 1 minute, remove from heat and stir in pistachios. Pour over the brie.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately with crackers or toasted bread. Makes 6 to 8 servings.