Pork, Fig & Gorganzola Crostini – A perfect party appetizer made with the goodness of pork!
Crostini, a cocktail-party classic, gets an upgrade with the tang of Gorganzola and the crunch of walnuts.
Pork, Fig & Gorganzola CrostiniEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 4 pork loin centre cut boneless steaks
- 8 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 mini-baguette
- 1/4 cup Dijon or grainy mustard
- 4 fresh figs, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 5 oz Gorgonzola cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler with rack in the highest position.
- In a fry pan, soften onions and garlic in olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add
- balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Slice pork diagonally against the grain into very thin slices.
- Slice baguette diagonally into 1/2–inch slices. Spread 1/2 tsp mustard on each slice, then 2 pork slices. Follow with some onion mixture and then fig slices. Top with cheese and lastly nuts.
- Drizzle each crostini with a bit of olive oil and broil just a few minutes to melt cheese – keep watching so not to burn.