Start the day with a healthy make-ahead breakfast in a jar!
September is really busy… back to school, back to work and back to the hectic schedule of real-life!
Let’s take the hassle out of breakfast by making it simple, delicious and most of all good for ya. This wonderful recipe is from West Coast Editor, Stephanie Arsenault and appeared in the Fall 2014 issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine. The best way to start every day is with a good, healthy breakfast (mom was right!) that will keep your body and mind fueled up until lunchtime. Break your fast with this healthy, on-the-go, easy to make recipe… your belly will thank you.
PB & J Breakfast ParfaitEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt mixed
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- Handful of fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons large flake oats
- 1 tablespoon mixed nuts & seeds, if desired
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with vanilla and chia seeds; set aside. Spoon nut butter into a jar or small, deep bowl, and spread evenly. Top with half of the yogurt mixture, half of the berries, and half of the oats. Repeat the layers first with the remaining yogurt mixture, the oats, and then the berries; add the nuts and seeds, if using, and then the milk.
ON THE GO TIP: This parfait can be made a day or two ahead of time and kept in the fridge. Leaving overnight will allow some of the liquids to soak into the oats, creating more of a cooked oatmeal consistency, and making it in a jar gives you the benefit of a take-along breakfast.