20-Minute Pork Chops in Fig Cabernet Sauce make fine-dining, everyday!
The holiday season is really busy. I love it, but it’s really busy. You need a great tasting meal that comes together fast, but doesn’t break the bank… right? That’s where this Pork Chops in Fig Cabernet Sauce recipe comes in. It combines simple low-cost bone-in pork chops and the short cut of using a prepared jelly to whip up a truly awesome dinner in less than 20 minutes!
Have I mentioned before how much I love PC Black Label products. I use them all the time, that’s right, I use them all the time. Everybody needs a short-cut now and then and these products do the trick. Made with really unique ingredients and taste combinations, it’s a great way to experiment with new ingredients as they come into stores and are trendy.
When I saw this PC Black Label Fig Cabernet Wine Jelly, OMG, I had to give it a try. At first, I added it to my charcuterie platter for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit. Paired with warm brie on toasted crostini with a drizzle of honey… prepare to have your mind blown…
When I was approached to create a recipe for Ontario Pork combining bone-in pork chops with a PC product, this PC Black Label Fig Cabernet Wine Jelly immediately came to mind. I knew the slightly sweet and rich wine flavour it would add to a sauce would be unforgettable. I may be a genius…
Now back to the 20-minute thing, how great is that? How often can you find a recipe that delivers flavour that is off-the-charts, while being able to claim a 20-minute start to finish time? Not too often. The shortcut of starting with PC Black Label Fig Cabernet Wine Jelly is the key to success. It’s powerful mix of saturated flavour gives this sauce a sweet and tangy yumminess.
Serve these Pork Chops in Fig Cabernet Sauce with some steamed veggies or try a delicious grain blend – Barley, Spinach & Fig Bowl. It’s a wonderful mix of PC Black Label Barley Blend, mushrooms, spinach, and dried figs that I love, love love. Perfect as a side dish, salad or paired with tender pork chops in this delicious sauce. Enjoy!
Pork Chops in Fig Cabernet SauceEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup PC Black Label Fig Cabernet Wine Jelly
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil.
- In a small bowl mix together jelly, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, water, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove chops from package and pat both sides dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 Tbsp canola oil. When oil is hot, pan sear chops on both sides for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove to baking sheet. Transfer to the hot oven and finish cooking for about 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160˚F (71˚C).
- Meanwhile in the same skillet, turn heat down to medium and add sauce mixture to deglaze pan. Stir and cook sauce for 2 minutes to thicken. Turn heat down to low.
- When chops are done, return them to the skillet and coat them in the sauce. Serve.
This post is sponsored by the awesome folks at Ontario Pork. Thanks in advance for supporting the great products that support EIEO.
Why it put the nutritional valu s along with the recipes
Hi James, I try to put in the nutritional chart when ever I can. In this case I am using a prepared sauce in the recipe so it is impossible to get a nutritional chart.
I love the cutlery. Do you know if it is available? And if so where? Thankong you in advance. Regards, Jordan
Hi Jordan, I love it too. I picked them up at Pier 1 just a couple of months ago.
Where can I buy this jelly?
At any store that carries President’s Choice products; Lowlaws, YIG, No Frills
What do I do with the water that is listed in the ingredients list?
Good catch, I have added the water into the method. Thanks.