These Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are the perfect last minute addition to your cookie tray
These are my new favourite!
Chocolate crinkle cookies are a holiday classic. I love the snowy effect on each yummy cookie. These red velvet ones just take that goodness to the next level with an added pop of holiday colour. Still crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside, you have got to give these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies a try!
Did you miss my list of 15 Awesome Christmas Cookies? Just click to try all 15 tried and true EIEO favourites.
- 2 oz white chocolate
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1-1/2 tsp red food colouring
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Put white chocolate in a microwave-safe dish and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, canola oil and food colouring. Add granulated sugar and melted white chocolate, whisking until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until well combined. Transfer dough to a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Put confectioner’s sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; toss into confectioner’s sugar and stir to coat. Slightly flatten the balls and then dip in the sugar again to coat well.
- Arrange 2 inches apart on prepared cookie tray. Bake, until puffed and firm, about 16 to 18 minutes.