Try Blood Orange Turkey Breast as a unique change this Thanksgiving
Does everyone in your family only like the white meat? You’re not alone. The problem with that is cooking the turkey breast alone can be a bit dry, and uninspired.
No worries, Blood Orange Turkey Breast is a unique twist on an old-time favorite. Baked in 45 minutes, you don’t have to plan 2 days in advance for the big day!
I love the nummy flavors in this recipe. The tart sweetness of the blood orange compliments the grainy mustard and savory herbs in a totally awesome way. Why don’t we use tarragon more often… note to self…
Make a side of mashed potatoes or wild rice and you are good to go. Such a tasty meal with less fuss than cooking the whole bird. Enjoy!
Blood Orange Turkey BreastEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 650-750 g boneless skinless turkey breast
- salt and pepper
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 2 blood oranges, sliced
- 6 Tbsp blood orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray a baking dish. Season turkey breast with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter over mid-high heat. Brown turkey breast for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove to prepared pan. And arrange onion and orange slices around pan.
- In a small bowl mix sauce ingredients. Pour over turkey. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 170ºF (75ºC). Let stand before slicing.
- NOTE: Sauce ingredients can be mixed, added to a zipper bag with turkey breast and marinated in refrigerator up to 24 hours. Marinade should be added to the skillet after turkey is removed (step #2) and brought to the boil for 2 minutes before pouring over turkey in roasting pan (step 4).
Leave a Reply