Summer is time to enjoy market-fresh local produce arriving everyday!
Roasting plums caramelizes the sweetness into delicious, gooey heaven. The addition of Mascarpone cheese and lots of whipped cream takes it over the top! You could even push it further by sprinkling pastachio nuts on the top! If you want more recipes using the fresh fruits and veggies of the summer season – check out the entire Market Fresh feature in our EatInEatOut magazine Summer 2013 issue – JUST CLICK!
Roasted Plum & Mascarpone ParfaitsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 6 plums, halved, pitted and sliced into 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp water or dark rum
- 1 loaf of homemade or store-bought pond cake or sponge cake, cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 tsp Cassis
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Toss fruit with sugar. Add water. Roast fruit on rimmed parchment-lined baking sheet for 15-17 minutes. Transfer to bowl with all juices and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- In a large bowl, beat cheese, sugar and water/rum. Fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble; layer in a trifle bowl (or individual parfait dishes as we have used) cake, plums, Cassis, cheese whip cream
- mixture. Repeat.Garnish with lemon zest.
This looks so delicious! Can it be made the night before? We are hosting a brunch for 10 friends. Otherwise, can it be made into a trifle?
Thanks for your help, Lori!
Yes to both questions, hope it’s a great brunch!