Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the U.S.!
Right about now all of my friends in the U.S. are in the final stages of sharing a magnificent feast with family and friends… wish I was there! Some will choose turkey, some roast beef and many will feast on a delicious honey-roasted ham. The smell in the kitchen must be amazing… enjoy!
O.K. it’s the next day, clean-up is still going on, the turkey is in the fridge, the roast beef is totally gone and the ham only has a small bit left. Now what to do with the leftovers? I have a great idea for the ham – how about a light version of an old favourite?
This recipe is quick and easy. It only requires a cup of chopped cooked ham and is done in 15 minutes. Know one will ever know you used leftovers! The recipe for this lighter alfredo sauce is one I have been using for years. Inspired by a Kraft cream cheese ad… totally love it! So easy and works great every time.
Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo with Leftover Ham & PeasEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 300 g 1/3 of a 900 g package fettuccine, uncooked
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tsp flour
- 1/3 cup light cream cheese, chopped or use the spreadable version
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed (or use leftovers)
- Cook pasta as per package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan on medium-high, combine broth and flour with a whisk. Stir in remaining ingredients and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until mixtures comes to a boil and thickens. Add ham and peas. Simmer 2 minutes to heat through.
- Add drained pasta and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper.