Super delicious Turkey Taco Pizza is a great beginning to a holiday pizza party!
Over the holiday season there will be company galas, family dinners and elegant cocktail parties. Looking to host something a little different? How about planning a more casual ‘Pizza Party’ and inviting the gang over to try several slices, while enjoying conversation and a lot of fun!
In the HOLIDAY issue of EatInEatOut magazine (page 50), I put together a great article on how to get the party started with four delicious pizza topping suggestions. Make all five and your guests can try one slice of each… how fun is that?
One of my favourite meaty toppings to start off with is turkey. It’s fast, versatile and nutritious. Slipping turkey into this Taco mix is a great twist on an old favourite. Homemade or store-bought pizza dough, flat bread or even naan can all be awesome starts to pizza perfection.
The HOLIDAY issue of EatInEatOut magazine has lots of great ideas for entertaining this holiday season: appetizers, cocktails, sides and cookies, take a look.
Looking for more great recipes using turkey? Visit our friends at Turkey Farmers of Canada, they have tons of terrific recipes and cooking tips!
Turkey Taco PizzaEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- Homemade Taco Mix, see below
- 12- inch pizza crust
- 3 oz refried beans
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- arugula, optional
HOMEMADE TACO MIX
- 1-1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients of Homemade Taco Mix and store in air-tight container for up to 6 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large pan sauté turkey, onions until cooked. And Homemade Taco Mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 2-3 until most of the water is absorbed.
- To a store-bought or homemade pizza crust, spread a base of refried beans. Top with turkey mixture, tomatoes, cheese, green onions. Bake for 12-15 minutes until brown and heated through.
- Remove from oven and toss on a handful of fresh arugula (if using).