The Party Starts Here! Try these delicious Spiced Pork in Parmesan Cups.
When we start to think about planning a holiday party, the appetizers are a great place to start. Here are a few fabulous new bites to try. They are all made delicious with the main ingredient… pork!
See the complete story in the HOLIDAY 2013 issue of EatInEatOut magazine.
SPICED PORK IN PARMESAN CUPSEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 lb 500 g ground pork
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1-398 mL can tomato sauce
- 2 cups coarsely grated Parmesan
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- Mini Tartlet Pan
- TO MAKE CUPS: Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment. With a pencil, draw 3” circles on the parchment. Spread 2 tsp of grated Parmesan to fill each circle. Bake for 2-3 minutes or until just lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool 1-2 minutes.
- To make bowls, carefully lift each warm circle off the parchment with a spatula and press into a mini-tarlet pan to form a cup. Allow to cool.
- TO MAKE FILLING: In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, sauté pork and onions, breaking up with the side of a spoon to make a small crumble. Add oregano, basil, parsley and continue until pork is cooked through. Stir in tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Into each Parmesan cup, add a few arugula leaves and top with a Tbsp of pork mixture.