These Coconut-Lime Shortbread Cookies may be the perfect (non-chocolate of course) cookie.
You have got to try these! If you’re after a cookie that will make you look like a professional baker, these are for you. Everyone will think they’re either out of a box or you picked them up at Starbucks. So easy and so perfect.
Coconut-Lime Shortbread CookiesEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, chopped
- Lime Gaze - see below
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a food processor combine sugar, coconut, 2 Tbsp lime zest and vanilla. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add flour; cover and pulse until just combined. Add butter; cover and process until dough just starts to come
- together. Form mixture into a ball and knead with your hands until smooth.
- Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll first half of the dough until 1/4 inch thick. Using cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shape. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until just golden on the bottom. Repeat, re-rolling remaining bits of dough until all is used. Cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. When cold, frost or drizzle with Lime Glaze.
LIME GLAZE: In a small bowl stir together 2 cups confectioners sugar, 3 Tbsp water, 1 Tbsp lime zest and 3 Tbsp lime juice. To achieve desired consistency, add more lime juice.