Using up the pantry with delicious Weeknight Salmon and Kale Pie
The day before I go grocery shopping each week, I look in the cupboard and sigh… I’m out of everything! No problem, there is always a pie crust in the freezer, eggs in the fridge and a can of salmon in the pantry. Voilà! Here’s a fast and delicious weeknight supper that is bound to please.
- 1 Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Crust, 9", thawed
- 5 eggs (I like Naturegg® Omega 3)
- ½ cup 10% cream
- ½ cup 1 % milk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp dried tarragon
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 can Sockeye Salmon, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup cheese (Parmesan, Cheddar, Asiago - whatever you have), grated
- ¾ cup Cookin' Greens® frozen chopped kale (or use fresh kale and sauté to soften)
- Pre-bake pie shell for 8 minutes. If puffed, prick a few times with a fork.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, mustard and spices. Set aside.
- Sprinkle green onions, salmon, cheese and kale in bottom of pie shell. Pour egg mixture over top, do not over-fill. Bake at 400ºF for 40 to 45 minutes until set and golden brown. Enjoy!