Using up the pantry with delicious Weeknight Salmon and Kale Pie
The day before I go grocery shopping each week, I look in the cupboard and sigh… I’m out of everything! No problem, there is always a pie crust in the freezer, eggs in the fridge and a can of salmon in the pantry. Voilà! Here’s a fast and delicious weeknight supper that is bound to please.
Weeknight Salmon and Kale PieEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 Tenderflake® Deep Dish Pie Crust, 9", thawed
- 5 eggs, I like Naturegg® Omega 3
- 1/2 cup 10% cream
- 1/2 cup 1 % milk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 can Sockeye Salmon, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup cheese, Parmesan, Cheddar, Asiago - whatever you have, grated
- 3/4 cup Cookin' Greens® frozen chopped kale, or use fresh kale and sauté to soften
- Pre-bake pie shell for 8 minutes. If puffed, prick a few times with a fork.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, cream, mustard and spices. Set aside.
- Sprinkle green onions, salmon, cheese and kale in bottom of pie shell. Pour egg mixture over top, do not over-fill. Bake at 400ºF for 40 to 45 minutes until set and golden brown. Enjoy!