What does every Dad want in Father’s Day? Cappuccino Angel Food Cake!
Time with the family. Whether that’s spent outdoors around the grill or inside at the family table, top off a great meal with a dessert to remember.
All Dad’s love a great cappuccino at their favourite coffee shop, bring that into a light and easy dessert with this spectacular Cappuccino Angle Food Cake.
- 2-1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar (if you want an even finer texture try superfine (caster) sugar)
- 6 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- ½ cup canola oil
- 6 Tbsp instant coffee dissolved into ¾ cup of hot water, cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp cream of tarter
- In a bowl of an electric mixer whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar (take out 3 Tbsp to be used in the egg whites).
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and add egg yolks, oil, coffee and vanilla. Beat one minute until smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tarter and 3 Tbsp remaining sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. Fold gently into batter until just blended.
- Bake in an ungreased tube pan for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean. Remove cake and invert suspended on a glass or bottle and let cool completely.
- To remove, run a long knife around the inside of the tube pan and centre core. Turn out on to a serving platter.
- Serve topped with lots of sweet whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce.