These Pumpkin Carrot Cake Muffins bring two of my favourite muffins together into one!
Hay it’s been six weeks since I made a new muffins recipe… whaaaat? I have to confess upfront, these Pumpkin Carrot Cake Muffins, are “half-homemade”. That’s a word (I just made up) for a fabulous recipe that cuts the preparation time in half by using a shortcut. In this case the shortcut is a cake mix. Now don’t get turned off, these muffins are not to be overlooked. They’re super-moist from added pumpkin, super-nutritious from added walnuts and super-delicious from added coconut and raisins. Now come on, who doesn’t like a little shortcut now and then?
I can’t believe I’ve never included carrot muffins on the blog – what, am I crazy? As you already know, I am a big muffin for breakfast girl. I’ve shared many of my favourites including my most recent – Pumpkin Spice Squash Muffins, one of my all-time winners – Healthy Morning Glory Muffins, and my very best – Classic Bran Muffins. It’s hard to pick a favourite, they’re all so good, but these babies are right near the top!
I try to always use a Betty Crocker mix because I really believe that brand is the best. It was loaded with lots of grated carrot and already had some raisins.
These Pumpkin Carrot Cake Muffins are the perfect healthy snack, or if you’re like me, breakfast on-the-run. Enjoy.
- 1 box carrot cake mix
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- pinch allspice
- ½ cup raisins (if your cake mix already has raisins, just add ¼ cup more)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut + ¼ cup for topping
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Place paper baking cups in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Make cake mix as directed on box using water, eggs and oil. Stir until smooth. Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Fold in raisins, walnuts and ½ cup coconut.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups filling right to top. Sprinkle ¼ cup coconut evenly on top of each cup. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool.