Here’s 10 awesome burger suggestions just in time for Father’s Day.
I’m taking a break this week and thought it would be a great opportunity to do a roundup of some of my favourite burger recipes. Are you stuck in a burger rut? Well look no further, I’ve gathered a few of my own as well as some of my favourite blogger recipes that are really going to mix things up
1 – This Hawaiian Pork Burgers with Toasted Prosciutto appears in the current Summer issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine. All you pork lovers have to give this burger masterpiece a try.
2 – Beef Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish Mayo, Coleslaw and Onion Jam is one of my best. This first appeared on the blog for Father’s Day 2013.
3 – Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Bacon Cheeseburger from Shared Appetite, is a great choice if you like to heat things up!
4 – Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger from Minimalist Baker is a unique burger, perfect for the veggie-lover.
5 – Inside-Out-Burger-with-Apple-Fennel-Slaw is a great twist of burger toppings. The traditional onion and cheese are on the inside of the patty… whaaaaat! Topped with a fresh Asian slaw, it’s a perfect low-cal burger!
6 – Red Wine Burgers with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese from NeighborFood, you had me at red wine…
7 – Portobello & Peach Burger from Green Kitchen Stories, just looks and sounds amazing.
8 – Curry Veggie Burgers from Pinch of Yum. I had to include a recipe from one of my favourite food bloggers. This one is a deliciously healthy vegetarian choice.
9 – Mexican Chorizo and Garlic Shrimp Burger from Lady and Pups, is a showstopper! One of my most-pinned burger photos, looks delicious!
10 – Apple-Cheddar Turkey Burgers – from EatInEatOut Summer 2012. This is a go-to recipe for burgers all summer long. I’m a real lover of the “meat and fruit” combo so I just love the cranberry sauce with apples on the savoury turkey patty. Thanksgiving in June! Here’s the recipe…
- 1lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp Worchershire sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- granny smith apple slices
- old ceddar cheese slices
- ¼ cup whole-berry cranberry sauce mixed with 2 Tbsp grainy mustard
- red leaf lettuce
- Crusty roll
- Form all patty ingredients into 4 burgers. Press the centre of each patty to make a shallow ‘dent’ with your thumb. This keeps it from puffing during cooking.
- Rub grill with oil before cooking to prevent sticking. Grill on barbecue preheated to medium-high with lid closed. Don’t press on the patty as it cooks, you’ll lose all the juices.
- Grill, turning, until a digital-read thermometer reads 160ºF (71°C).
- Place cooked burger on split crusty bun and top with all Topping Stuff!