It’s National Ice Cream Month, so let’s celebrate with S’moresicles from an iconic Toronto shoppe.
Hot summer weather screams for pools, barbecues and mostly – ice cream! Here in the big city of Toronto there is one place for ice cream that instantly comes to mind, and that’s Summer’s. Summer’s has become an iconic establishment in the heart of Toronto, and has been in business for more than 33 years. Located in Yorkville, this area of the city is a must for summer people watching, dining and strolling. Central to a successful stroll is a stop at Summer’s, for a cone piled high with their delicious and unique ice cream.
Did I tell you – this ice cream is delicious! So creamy. Why? Because they make each batch daily in small quantities. The ice cream you enjoy is fresh – it hasn’t been sitting in a freezer for weeks or months. Believe me, you can really taste the difference!
I knew that a few years ago, Summer’s launched a line of 8 of their classic flavours in containers to select grocery stores in Ontario. But to be honest, I had never tried them… crazy, right? Who wouldn’t want this awesome treat with the convenience of never leaving the house? So when I was approached by them to try one of the flavours in the line – Toronto’s Best Campfire Marshmallow – I said bring it on!
OMG, you guys have got to run out and get some right now. It’s super-creamy like a melted mallow with a hint of smoke. Amazing.
I’m sorry to say you can only buy it in Ontario, so if you don’t live here, come for a visit – just for the ice cream ;).
The great folks at Summer’s were also very generous in supplying this yummy recipe for S’moresicles, that I just had to share with you. It’s a cool version of the traditional s’mores you remember from childhood, but no campfire needed!
Just 4 simple ingredients and you’re done. Start with graham crackers, some jumbo marshmallows, a dark chocolate bar and a tub of Summer’s Campfire Marshmallow Ice Cream.
For a list of where to buy it, just click here.
Use a great dark chocolate for this recipe. I prefer Lindt or Ghirardelli.
Assemble and dip, the kids can help with this part.
Use the stick recommended in the recipe or just hold the ice cream sandwiches in your hands. Either way, an instant backyard classic.
- • 500ml container of Summer's Campfire Marshmallow Ice Cream
- • 12 popsicle sticks
- • 24 graham crackers
- • 3 cups coarsely chopped chocolate
- • 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Remove ice cream from freezer for 3-4 minutes to soften slightly. Add a scoop of Campfire Marshmallow ice cream to one graham cracker, top with another graham cracker to make a sandwich.
- Push popsicle stick into the centre of the ice cream (if using), return to freezer for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, microwave the chopped chocolate on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is almost completely melted. Continue stirring it until it is fully melted.
- Retrieve ice cream pops from freezer and quickly dip into chocolate sauce. Sprinkle chocolate with graham crackle crumble. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
This post is sponsored by Summer’s Ice Cream. As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. All opinions are always my own. Photo credit & styling: Irene Matys and Jennifer Hulley