Burmese Noodle Bowl is an simple, 30-minute take on a traditional Chinese dish
So, it’s already mid-October, how did that happen? What a perfect time full of rich colours, cozy sweaters, crunchy leaves and warm hearty meals. The best season ever! It’s the perfect time to start thinking about cosy warm bowls of soup, stew or noodles that are hearty and good for you.
This bowl of goodness is a great weeknight meal made with pantry ingredients that are not complicated or hard to find. Packed with protein and lots of good healthy stuff, it’s a 30-minute supper that will make your tummy and spirit happy.
If you love a dish with lots of texture, this is the one. A great mixture in the mouth – the long slippery noodles, sponginess of egg and the finishing crunch of peanuts. Deliciousness in one bowl.
This is a protien-packed bowl, with pieces of meat along with hard boiled egg and nuts. If you don’t want the meat (or just want to add more veggies), swap it out by adding 3 cups of spinach, or baby bok choy to steam in the broth… yum!
Burmese Noodle BowlEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3 lbs turkey boneless thighs or breasts, chicken or pork, cubed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (any type)
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 cups poultry broth, low sodium
- 2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 455 g dried rice noodles
- 4 Tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 Tbsp scallion greens, sliced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large pan over high heat and stir in turmeric. Reduce heat to medium-high; add shallots and cook for 4 minutes until transparent. Add garlic and ginger, cook 1 minute. Add turkey and mushrooms cook, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth, water, fish sauce and season to taste. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked and tender. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Cook rice noodles 3-4 minutes.
- To serve: In each of 4 bowls place noodles, top with turkey mixture.
- Garnish with peanuts, egg, a squeeze of lime, scallion greens and chopped coriander.