These Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars will be an instant classic
When I need a dessert fast, I always go back to my favourite flavour combination – lemon and blueberries – it can’t fail! These Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Bars are really simple to make, needing only 9 ingredients. They come together in less that 45 minutes and everyone will love their fresh tart taste. Who doesn’t love cheesecake they can hold in their hands!
I would stick to fresh blueberries for this recipe – traditional or wild. The frozen kind tend to be too watery. If you don’t have any fresh blueberries, raspberries or blackberries will work as well.
Make sure you take that extra time to add fresh lemon zest, it really makes such a difference to the final taste. Enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled a bit
- 1 cup graham crumbs
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup blueberry jam
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1-250g pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment that comes up and over the sides for easy lifting.
- In a small bowl mix melted butter, graham crumbs and sugar. Press firmly and evenly into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Stir blueberry jam until softened. Spread evenly over crust; sprinkle with blueberries.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, egg, vanilla and lemon zest beating until well blended. Pour evenly over blueberries.
- Bake 30 minutes until set in the middle and slightly puffed. Cool completely in pan. When cooled, left out and cut into bars. Keep in refrigerator.