Take the chill off with a simple recipe with big flavour
Have you ever tried cardamom? Most of the time ground cardamom is teamed with cinnamon and nutmeg in Indian dishes. It’s an amazing spice that we should all use more often.
Here’s a really simple place to start your spice adventure. This 30-minute Cardamom-Coffee Rubbed Pork Tenderloin combines cardamom with a bit a kick from chilli and a deep richness from the expresso. Really fast, and really flavour packed!
Check out a few additional recipes that you can make with this Cardamom-Coffee Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. Just cook two tenderloins – eat one for weeknight supper and the second for one of these great dishes. Try a wonderful winter warm-up – xxxx or a great lunch – Fresh Rolls with Peanut Sauce.
Cardamom-Coffee Rubbed Pork TenderloinEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee or expresso
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
PORK TENDERLOIN ROAST
- 1 – 2lb. Ontario pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a small air-tight container, combine rub ingredients. Stir, seal and store for up to a month. Makes ½ cup.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Pat pork tenderloin dry with paper towel. Rub 1/4 cup
- CARDAMOM-COFFEE RUB over the pork covering all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork tenderloin and brown on all sides, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 17-23 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 155ºF in thickest part. Let rest for 5 minutes until an internal temperature of 160ºF is reached.
- Slice and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
This post is sponsored by the awesome folks at Ontario Pork. Thanks in advance for supporting the great products that support EIEO.