Jam in the Kitchen with Bonne Maman!
Everyone loves jam, right? Have you tried Bonne Maman? I just love their awesome selection of jams and spreads. I use them all the time not just to spread on toast, but added to frosting, as a filling for cake layers or even heated and drizzled over ice cream. YUM.
This past month, top Toronto artisan shops spread the love of Bonne Maman with delicious recipes using one of four featured jams (Apricot, Raspberry, Blueberry & Strawberry). All of their jams are made with 100% natural ingredients and there is only 4: fruit, sugar, cane sugar, concentrated lemon juice and fruit pectin. Bonne Maman has no preservatives, no additives, no corn syrup, and is sulfite-free. I love that!
These shops created special, limited-time treats with an extra gift provided with purchase to hungry visitors. Participants of this year’s first annual Jam in the City include Cheese Boutique, Dufflet Pastries (Beaches location), Le Dolci, Maman, Nadège Patisserie, Stubbe Chocolates, The Rolling Pin, and The Tempered Room
Bring the great taste of Bonne Maman to your own kitchen by making this delectable Dulce de Leche Banana Cream Trifle, created by Rachel Barbaro of Friendly Food Snobs. Thanks Rachel for sharing your recipe with the EIEO community. ENJOY!
- 20 Nila crackers smashed into small chunks and crumbs (try a plastic bag and a rolling pin)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 bananas thinly sliced (depending on size)
- ⅓ of a jar Bonne Maman dulche de leche spread (Caramel Spread)
- Combine the cookies, salt and butter and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Use beaters to whip the cream for 5 minutes or until fluffy, then add the vanilla and sugar. Once the cookie bits have cooled, layer cookie, banana, dulce de leche, cream and repeat, ending with whipped cream on top and some reserves of the cookie crumbles.
This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman. As always, thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you.