Cooler temps call for a new Autumn treat… with a perfect muffin-top!
I can’t believe it’s been over 5 months since I last posted a muffin recipe! Time to make that right with these new Carrot, Pineapple & Walnut Muffins. Bursting with lots of cinnamon, and the moist richness of carrot, these are muffins the whole family will love!
So I admit, I cheated a bit. I overfill my muffin cups so I get lots of that super-crispy “muffin top”. I love it so much, I just make 10 muffins instead of 12!
These little gems are super-moist, which let’s face it, is a must. The last thing you need is a dry muffin. These Carrot, Pineapple & Walnut babies are perfection. Excellent as a snack muffin, or iced with cream cheese frosting and treated like a cupcake!
Really simple to make these are delicious muffins the whole family will love. Make ahead, they freeze really well for later. Enjoy!
Carrot, Pineapple and Walnut Muffins
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup carrot, grated finely
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, oil and beaten eggs, Whisk until well combined.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda cinnamon and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir just to moisten.
- Stir in vanilla, carrot, pineapple and walnuts, just to combine.
- Fill muffin cups to the top and bake for 20 minutes until golden.