Every Mom deserves the very best. Celebrate her special day with one of these 5 delicious no-fail Mother’s Day Cakes.
My Mom always hated Mother’s Day. She felt that you should be kind to your Mom Everyday! I agree, but a dedicated special day just helps to give us a gentle reminder.
If you’re not taking Mom out to a fancy meal, how about baking her a delicious cake? Everybody love cake!
These are 5 of my best. The most tested, no-fail, celebrations cakes I always go back to time, after time.
1. Apple Cake with Maple Buttercream and Pecan Trim – This is my most popular cake. Moist, tender, full of apples, walnuts and yummy cream cheese icing. PERFECT.
2. Tuxedo Cake – This is a really simple but awesome cake. The little black dress of cakes… my kind of heaven.
3. Lemon Poppyseed Yogurt Cake – This cake is a showstopper. Perfect for the centre of a Mother’s Day brunch table. Just the right mix of moist tender Bundt cake that is not too sweet and not too tart, just perfect.
4. Pina Colada Cake – I recently re-made this cake and improved the layers quite a bit. It’s a very popular cake, takes a bit of extra time, but I think Mom is worth it!
5. Spiced Pumpkin Cake – I know, pumpkin is really a fall cake, but wait a minute… why? This is a totally delicious, moist, dependable cake that uses canned pumpkin. Why not serve it all year round?
That’s it, 5 perfect cakes for a perfect day. And only one with chococlate… a record for me. ENJOY!