So pretty! So easy!
Who doesn’t love meringues? They are so easy to make and are so pretty on a cookie tray. We added mint and chocolate to really get in the seasonal mood!
- 2 large egg whites
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp crushed candy canes
- 2 tsp oil
- Preheat oven to 275ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt and cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and continue beating until mixture is glossy and stiff, about 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Drop teaspoon-sized dollops about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets. Bake until cookies begin to crack and are light golden, about 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips and oil in a bowl. Dip half the meringue cookie and place on wax paper until chocolate is set.