The fall harvest means it’s time for pumpkins! Spiced Pumpkin Cake is a must-try.
Fall is almost over with winter knocking on our doors. The holiday season is fast approaching and we are busy, busy, did I say… busy!
I’m so sorry, late again getting the November Cake out to all of you. I had a few failures with this one – 3 cups of pumpkin makes a very bad cake – trust me. But I know it was worth the wait, this is a delicious cake, tested until perfect. Very simple and simply awesome!
The layers were moist and tender, thanks to the canola oil! The touch of molasses in the frosting really gives it a unique twist – not over-the-top molasses just a nice difference. I added 1 tablespoon, but if you love molasses go for 2 or even 3!
Spiced Pumpkin Cake with Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting & Ginger Snap CrumbleEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups pumpkin pureé
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour 2-9" round layer cake pans.
- Combine sugar, canola oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Stir into oil mixture; beating well. Stir in pumpkin.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Turn out on to racks to cool.
- Frost with Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting (below) and garnish with 20 crushed Ginger Snap cookies
The sponsor of EIEO Cake of the Month is Manitoba Canola Growers. This healthy ‘Canadian’ oil, is low in saturated fat and contains both omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. Thanks Manitoba Canola Growers for the support!