Main dish or salad? This delicious 20-minute veggie meal does double duty as both!
You may have noticed, I love cauliflower. With good reason, it’s tasty roasted, steamed, grilled… so many options. It combines with pasta perfectly, as in this Cauliflower Penné with Raisins & SunDried Tomatoes, or makes a yummy side dish like one of my favourites: Cauliflower Pineapple Fried Rice.
This Curried Cauliflower with Quinoa & Spinach is a flavour powerhouse. Like potatoes, cauliflower loves to soak up all the spices in a recipe. It’s a great choice for Meatless Monday that tastes even better the next day.
Did I mention this weeknight gem can be whipped up in just 20 minutes! Also it’s made in ONE-pan, so fast and totally simple.
This is a great dish to serve hot the first day or is even better served warm or cold as a lunch the next day. Packed with protein from the quinoa and a nutritional boost from the cauliflower and spinach, this is a good-for-you meal that both the kids and adults will love. Enjoy!
Curried Cauliflower with Quinoa and SpinachEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ginger purée
- 3 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup quinoa
- 15 green grapes, sliced in half
- 2 cups baby spinach
- fresh chopped mint
- In a large pan heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cinnamon, ginger and garlic, cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and cauliflower; bring to boil then stir in quinoa. Cover, reduce heat to medium and let simmer 8-10 minutes until done.
- Remove lid, fluff with fork, stir in grapes and spinach allowing the heat to wilt the leaves.
- Serve with chopped fresh mint.
Leave a Reply