Seasoned chicken nuggets tossed with sweet, sticky and garlicky sauce.
Oh My God, I love honey garlic sauce! Sticky, gooey goodness. It’s all the things you’d want in a sauce. This Honey Garlic Sauce is the BEST! Don’t just save it for these chicken nuggets, you have to try it on pork, shrimp, veggies… it’s endless!
I also love chicken nuggets, so this combination with Honey Garlic Sauce is a match made in heaven! Chicken is so versatile, we never run out of ways to prepare and devour it. These chicken nuggets are a little different. They are not breaded! Instead, I have coated them in a spicy seasoning mix before frying in a little bit of canola oil. Healthy and even more flavourful! I’ve tossed the cooked chicken nuggets in the Honey Garlic Sauce to fully coat, then enjoy, served over rice.
Having said that, another option would be to serve the Honey Garlic Sauce on the side along with fresh matchsticks of carrot or celery for delicious dipping. So yummy!!
This recipe first appeared in EatInEatOut™ Magazine back in Spring 2015.
Honey Garlic Chicken NuggetsEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1-1/2 lb. chicken, boneless, skinless, sliced into nuggets
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 4 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Combine Honey Garlic Sauce ingredients, except cornstarch and water, in as sauce pan. Combine cornstarch with water in a small dish, then add to sauce pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes on low until thickened. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with water. Combine Seasoning Mix in a zipper bag. Dip chicken nuggets in eggs, let excess drip off, then place in seasoning bag and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high and working in batches, cook chicken until golden and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl toss baked chicken nuggets with Honey Garlic Sauce with tongs until evenly coated.
The recipe does not tell you how much chicken to buy or if it needs pounding in advance. It says chicken nuggets but no mention of chicken in ingredients list.
Hi Susan it was at the bottom of the ingredient list. I have taken it to the top to make it more clear.