Here’s 10 great family meals that taste even better when you make them at home!
Thinking of ordering take-out? Pizza? Burgers? Chinese or Indian? How about making delicious (and healthy) take-out meals at home?
Here’s 10 of my favourite BETTER THAN TAKE-OUT meals that are good for you and taste even better when you make them at home.
1. MONGOLIAN BEEF – This slow cooker version of a Chinese classic is totally delicious, and even better, you will have lots of leftovers for lunch the next day!
2. KUNG PAO CHICKEN – OMG this dish is so yummy… just make in your slow cooker the day before and come home to a delicious take-out meal that’s ready to serve.
3. INSIDE OUT BURGERS – Feeling more like burgers? What could be better than these beef burgers filled with lots of gooey cheese and topped with fresh veggie salsa? Good for you and so delicious!
4. INDIAN STEW WITH CHICKPEAS & SPINACH – Maybe Indian is more your thing? This is a great make-ahead dish for those nights when you need to rush out to ballet or soccer practice.
5. BEEF & SWEET POTATO CURRY – Curry is another perfect solution when you need a meal in a hurry. Beef, chicken, vegetarian, mild or spicy, a curry can come together in 30 minutes and is seriously delicious!
6. CANADIAN BACON PINEAPPLE PIZZA – Thinking pizza? Have you ever wondered who invented the Hawaiian Pizza? Someone in Hawaii, right? Well think again…
7. MINI PIZZA CALZONES – You can make pizza dough from scratch, or do what I do and buy it from the grocery store. Buy it frozen, or already thawed ready-to-bake (in the bread section), it’s the short-cut to making calzones at home!
8. TACO PIZZA – Packed with protein from the turkey and refried beans, this is a great meal to serve the kids. I used a store-bought thin crust and piled on the toppings… fast and yummy.
9. TEX-MEX TACOS – Make the filling in advance and pack it away in the freezer. Then when a you need a taco fix, just thaw and pile on the toppings!
10. FRESH & SPICY SHRIMP TACOS – Tangy cabbage slaw and marinated shrimps with a spicy sriracha creme, I can’t even tell you how delicious these babies are… so you just have to try them for yourselves! ENJOY!!