Made with leftovers, this delicious Turkey Curry is almost better than the original meal!
Do you have lots of turkey left over from Christmas dinner?
I love leftover turkey, so easy to use in so many ways. We always rely on Turkey Sandwiches, great the next day tossed with a bit of stuffing and cranberry sauce.
Still have more turkey the second day? Everyone is tired of sandwiches? The I have a solution! This is a great curry meal whips up in no-time, with the delicious taste of coconut, mango and raisins, the kids (and adults) will gobble it up.
Leftover Turkey CurryEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tart apple, cored, peeled, chopped
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2-1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups poultry broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup light cream or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steamed white or brown rice
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic; sauté until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add apple, then flour, curry powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in broth. Add cider, cream, chutney, tomato paste and raisins. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add turkey; season; stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.