Christmas is just days away, time to rev up the holiday baking!
The countdown continues with a real yummy cookie that is a nice twist on a classic favourite. The addition of dark chocolate chunks and salted pistachios make these brown sugar-based cookies a real treat. Add a tall glass of milk and they are a perfect after-school treat. They make a great addition to a holiday cookie tray with the pistachios adding a hint of green.
The pistachio, a member of the cashew family, is a small tree originally from the middle east. Pistachio trees can be found in that area as well as parts of the and the United States, specifically California. The tree produces seeds that are widely consumed as food.
Pistachio & Dark Chocolate Brown Sugar CookieEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 1-1/2 cups salted pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter for 30 seconds on high. Repeat if needed. Let cool a bit.
- Transfer butter to bowl of a stand mixer and add sugars. Cream on a medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Add to butter mixture and mix on low until just combined. Beat in flour until just combined. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoon-sized mounds on to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until just golden on the bottom. Cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 24 cookies.