Start with the perfect base recipe and turn it into something new – Triple Fudge Banana Cake
It all starts with Mom’s Quick & Easy Banana Bread, a simple, delicious recipe that’s perfect every time. With such a solid recipe as the foundation, it makes the perfect jump-off point for additions and adaptations in order to create something brand new. While retaining the awesome parts of the original, it’s now a creative new recipe of it’s own. The initial baby-step was into Banana Loaf Muffins, a small step, but a deliciously successful step. Now, let’s venture further from the basic recipe by adding chocolate, not once, but three times! This Triple Fudge Banana Cake has the moist goodness of the original banana bread, with a triple-blast of chocolate. Yum!
I love that this cake is sliced off like a loaf, making it so easy to serve. I’ve added that third layer of chocolate by frosting with a Simple Chocolate Icing. Too much? This Triple Fudge Banana Cake would be just as awesome with a quick dusting of confectioner’s sugar.
Are you craving a moist chocolate cake? Look no further, this is the one for you. Enjoy!
Triple Fudge Banana CakeEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- • 1 cup flour
- • 1/2 cup cocoa
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • ½ cup margarine or softened butter
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 1 cup mashed over-ripe banana, usually 3 small
- • 1 egg
- • 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a standard 4.5” x 8.5” bread loaf pan.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa and baking soda.
- In another bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Add mashed banana and egg.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven allow to cool for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a baking rack and allow to cool completely.
- Make Simple Chocolate Icing and frost top of loaf.
Simple Chocolate Icing: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar, ¼ cup cocoa, 1 Tbsp margarine, 3-4 Tbsp heavy cream, pinch salt until smooth. If too thick add more cream by the tsp.