Let’s get a great start on the new year with these 10 healthy recipes for 2015.
I usually don’t make any big resolutions as the new year begins. However, I do have lots of good intentions for the days ahead; eating a healthy balanced diet, working less and exercising more.
One of the food bloggers that I enjoy reading is Lindsay from Pinch of Yum. Besides being beautifully photographed, her blog has tons of awesome information for both foodies and bloggers. Last year she participated in a 60-day course called Go Sugar Free where she learned about the effects sugar has on the body and ways to form lasting habits that allow us to go sugar free. Well, kudos to her, she’s doing it a second time to start 2015!
The first time I read about this course, I thought it was really intriguing, but really radical. Do we need to go that far – all or nothing?
“Everything in moderation” is usually the rule I live by. Don’t get me wrong, I believe that we should strive for a healthy, balanced and nutritional diet. Having said that, I also think the occasional decadent dessert is good for the mind and soul. It’s not going to kill you, as long as it’s occasional.
1. Healthy Morning Glory Muffins: a delicious and nutritious way to start your day.
2. Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing by Brown Eyed Baker
3. Curried Mango, Quinoa & Walnut Salad – this salad is not that pretty, but it sure makes up for its appearance with awesome taste!
4. Pomegranate, Kale and Wild Rice Salad with Walnuts and Feta by Pinch of Yum
5. Curried Zucchini Soup – this simple soup is one of my most popular recipes. It tastes complicated and rich, but needs only seven simple ingredients.
6. Grapefruit Green Smoothie by Minimalist Baker
7. Raw Spring Rolls with Ginger Peanut Sauce by Minimalist Baker
8. Cherry, Coconut & Almond Granola – his yummy granola is great alone with milk or as a topping for yogurt or fruit.
9. Vietnamese Chicken Salad with Rice Noodles by Pinch of Yum
10. Turkey & Kale Stoup – who doesn’t love a steamy bowl of chicken noodle soup?
Do you have some favourite healthy recipes you want to try in 2015? I’d love to hear, please share them below!