Time to bust out the grill and make some Epic Burgers!!
I can’t think of any food that screams “backyard cookout bliss” better than a big juicy burger. Now that the temps are finally up in ‘sizzle’ territory, it’s the one food item we’re craving to slap on the grill.
Whether you’re a meat lover, vegetarian or vegan, there’s a perfect burger out there for you. This list of 10 of my favourites, needs to be at the top of your grilling agenda, so let’s get jump in…
1. BEEF SIRLOIN BURGER with Horseradish Mayo, Coleslaw and Onion Jam – For a lot of people a burger is only a burger if it’s BEEF! With Father’s Day coming up soon, what’s the easiest way to Dad’s heart… through his stomach, of course. Forget the monogrammed coffee bug and just grill for him a big juicy Beef Sirloin burger. You can thank me later.
2. INSIDE OUT BURGER with Asian Slaw – All your usual toppings are tucked INSIDE these beef burger patties, so the I came up with two options for outside-the-box toppings.
3. INSIDE OUT BURGER with Fresh Tomato Salsa – The second take on this delicious burger uses all the fresh bounty of the summer.
4. QUESO TURKEY BURGERS – from Bev Cooks, these burgers have a real kick!
5. AHI TUNA BURGERS with Spicy Sriracha Mayo – from Scaling Back Blog, craving something a little different? These look amazing!
6. SPICY PORK BELLY SLIDERS with Sweet & Sour Slaw – You could have these pork sliders with traditional bottled BBQ sauce, but take it up a notch by making this Asian Glaze plus Sweet & Sour Slaw. The crunch of this slaw goes perfectly with the rich pork belly…You will love it!
7. SMOKY BLACK BEAN BEET BURGERS – from Minimalist Baker, for the vegetarian these are smoky, hearty and just plain yummy.
8. PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM BURGER with Avocado Chimichurri – from Foodiecrush, you will not miss the meat with these babies!
9. VEGAN BURGER with Black Bean Hummus – from CrushMag, a yummy, filling dish that takes an ordinary vegetarian meal to new heights.
Last but not least my all-time fav…
10. HAWAIIAN PORK BURGERS with Toasted Prosciutto – a true masterpiece and a pork-lovers’ dream come true!
Fire up the barbecue and let’s get grilling. ENJOY!
- 8-10 slices of prosciutto
- 8 pineapple rings
- 4 soft burger buns
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (or parsley), chopped
- 3 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste (optional)
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce, julienned
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Make Burger Slaw by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy and hoisin sauces. In a medium size bowl mix all the burger ingredients with half of the soy sauce mixture (set aside the other half for later). Form into 4 patties.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, toast prosciutto lightly on both sides 1-2 minutes. Remove to paper towel and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil grill plates. Grill pineapple slices 1 minute per side and set aside.
- Place pork patties on well oiled grill and cook in closed barbecue for 5 to 7 minutes per side, testing doneness with a digital rapid-read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty – burgers are completely cooked when thermometer reads 160°F (71°C).