Recipe ideas to spark new energy into your daily meal routine
Is your meal routine feeling a bit boring? Do you always make the same thing for breakfast, take the same lunch to work and whip up that same old recipe for dinner? Time to give yourself a good slap and come out of that winter rut! There are too many awesome recipes out there to be stuck with boring weeknight meals.
I love to look around at what other bloggers are cooking. I can’t believe the amazing, delicious and healthy recipes that come to my in-box every day. It’s inspiring, but also a bit overwhelming at the same time. I thought I would make it easier for you by giving a shout out to some of the recipes that have caught my eye, and some EIEO recipes that you may have missed.
1. Weeknight Salmon and Kale Pie – this is a 30-minute meal that I go back to again and again. Use up all the things you already have in your pantry on nights when you need something the whole family will love, and you need it fast.
2. Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw – from Pinch of Yum
3. Shrimp, Mango and Avocado Salad – Perfect for a weeknight meal, or great for a potluck or BBQ on the long weekend in May.
4. Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onion Pizza – from Foodiecrush
5. Steak and Egg Salad – the best part about this salad, aside from the powerful nutritional punch, is it can be assembled from leftovers or cooked a day or two in advance!
6. Mustard Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts from Skinnytaste
7. Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – from Damn Delicious
8. Pearl Barley with Spinach and Feta – I love the nutty goodness of barley. It’s delicious, easy to make, Canadian, and has amazing health benefits. Barley is high in fibre and proven to lower cholesterol, so let’s eat it more often. Here’s a delicious side dish or weeknight meal that’s so delicious I have to give you a second chance to make it.
9. Sticky Bourbon Chicken and Rice – from Pinch of Yum
10. PB and J Parfait – recipe below – Yes, I am still focussed on making breakfast simple, delicious and most of all good for ya. This wonderful recipe is from West Coast Editor, Stephanie Arsenault and appeared in the Fall 2014 issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine. The best way to start every day is with a good, healthy breakfast (mom was right!) that will keep your body and mind fueled up until lunchtime. Break your fast with this healthy, on-the-go, easy to make recipe… your belly will thank you.
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt mixed
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- Handful of fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons large flake oats
- 1 tablespoon mixed nuts & seeds (if desired)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with vanilla and chia seeds; set aside. Spoon nut butter into a jar or small, deep bowl, and spread evenly. Top with half of the yogurt mixture, half of the berries, and half of the oats. Repeat the layers first with the remaining yogurt mixture, the oats, and then the berries; add the nuts and seeds, if using, and then the milk.