This week my niece Julia reminded me of an awesome recipe we posted here last September for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Loaf. She made it for her family and they all raved about it! With zucchini overflowing in our gardens this late August, I decided to try that recipe again, but this time as muffins.
This time, to the moist zucchini batter I added what ever I had in the pantry. You need 3/4 of a cup in total so try: chocolate chips or chopped dried cherries, dried apricot, figs, dates, pecans, dried cranberries… be creative!
I had chocolate chips and chopped dried cherries on hand, so in they went.
Kids (and adults) will never know you have hidden the veggies inside this delicious treat! Enjoy!
|Easy Zucchini Muffins|
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup STUFF (1/2 cup chocolate chips + 1/3 cup chopped pecans, dried cherry, dried apricot, figs, dates)
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Line 9-12 muffin cups with paper liners are spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and mayo until blended well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, soda and salt.
- Add zucchini mixture until just moistened. Add STUFF.
- Pour into muffin cups – I filled only 9 cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.