Welcome in a new year with these 17 healthy meal ideas for 2017
We made it, 2017 at last! Last year I said goodbye to EatInEatOut™ Magazine with our final issue. This year I’ll be bringing you lots of tasty new recipes, nutrition ideas, cool products and so much more, right here on the blog, so stay tuned.
Every new year I commit to eating more healthy meals, NO MORE CAKE! I’m not sure how long I can stick to that, but for now I’m willing to give it my best shot! Are you with me?
To help everyone along this journey to better eating, I’ve compiled a list of 17 Healthy Meal Ideas for 2017 that I hope will inspire you to healthy greatness this year. It all starts with breakfast…
1. BANANA, PEAR & WALNUT BREAKFAST WRAPS – I love a recipe that calls for only a few simple ingredients that I always have on hand. These grab & go healthy breakfast wraps are a super-healthy way to start the day, or a guilt-free afternoon snack we can all feel good about.
2. PB & J PARFAIT – this is one of the most popular recipes here on EIEO. Another great way to start your day!
3. HEALTHY MORNING GLORY MUFFINS – an old-fashioned muffin-fix that tastes great and is good for you too.
4. SLOW COOKER HEALTHY CHICKEN POT PIE STEW – from Center Cut Cook – OMG, all the great taste of pot pie in a soup… without the guilt!
5. THAI CURRY SOUP – from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen – packed with flavour, this looks like a great soup for a cold winter day.
6. VEGGIE RAGU with ZUCCHINI NOODLES – take a break from carbs with this hearty meal of veggies!
7. WINTER SALAD with SPICY ROASTED SWEET POTATO – I love sweet potato, period. This version that is roasted, caramelized and spiced up with a hit of chili, is my new favourite.
8. WINTER BEANS AND GREENS SOUP – from Food 52 – love this post that takes you through a simple, perfect combination: some sort of broth, a green, and a legume.
9. 20-MINUTE BEAN, TOMATO & SPINACH SOUP – a simple and nutritious meal that is hearty, tasty and most of all uses ingredients you already have in the pantry.
10. CREAMY COCONUT VEGETARIAN KORMA – from The Endless Meal – This dish would make a delicious and healthy Meatless Monday meal.
11. VEGETARIAN BURRITO BOWLS with CAULIFLOWER RICE – from Blissful Basil – a vegan and gluten-free bowl of heaven.
12. SPICY LENTIL PASTA – In the cold days of winter, everyone craves some comfort food. This rich and hearty vegetarian pasta sauce is just the ticket.
13. BARLEY, SPINACH & FIG BOWL – an amazing lunch or dinner in one bowl!
14. WEEKNIGHT VEGGIE CASSEROLE – this comfort food casserole is a simple, fast and nutritious weeknight meal.
15. QUICK BEEF PHO – from Love and Olive Oil – real Pho takes way too long to make. I love this idea of a fast and easy version with all the same great flavour.
16. SPINACH, ORZO and BEAN SOUP – Beans – good for you. Spinach – so good for you. It’s a meal you can feel good about serving.
17. CHICKEN, QUINOA & BROCCOLI CASSEROLE – I love a casserole. The magic happens when all the flavours make friends and come together overnight. Just scoop some out and reheat for dinner, scoop some more for lunch the next day, easy-peasy.
Leave a Reply