Looking for simple and delicious New Year’s Eve Appetizer Recipes? Here’s five favourites including new Cheesy Ham and Apricot Bites!
Christmas is gone for another year. How did that happen so fast? It seems like I was just starting to plan the menu, bring out the tree and boxes of ornaments. Oh well, that’s another thing I love about Christmas… it continues right on into New Year’s!
I’ve been out to big celebrations outdoors at City Hall or joined the crowds toasting midnight at fancy restaurants, but the best New Year’s have been spent at home with friends or family. How about you – planning to go out or stay at home?
For the past few years it’s just been me, hubby and our two doggies, celebrating with a big homemade 4 course dinner. The meal has to start off right with perfect little morsels to get the tummy ready for what’s to come.
1. Pork, Fig and Gorganzola Crostini – Crostini, a cocktail-party classic, gets an upgrade with a tang of Gorganzola and the crunch of walnuts.
2. Kennedy’s Favourite Shrimp Dip – This a classic. It makes a big batch so I freeze it in 3-4 small bowls. That way I can serve some at Christmas, and still have another bowl to bring out and thaw for New Year’s!
4. Spiced Pork Parmesan Cups – This one is a show-stopper! Guests will think you slaved all day, only you will know they were oh so easy!
5. Cheesy Ham and Apricot Bites – This is a new favourite! This amazing twist on classic pizza bites replaces the tomato sauce with hummus and the ham is complemented by apricots instead of pineapple… so yummy!
Would you like to become a subscriber and receive our weekly posts and magazines? By subscribing you will receive a link to download the EIEO Cookie eBook 2014 -FREE ! To subscribe just CLICK HERE!
Happy New Year! See you in 2015…
Cheesy Ham and Apricot BitesEMAIL Recipe Share on Facebook
- 1-12 ” thin-crust pizza crust
- 1-227 g tub Summerfresh Caramelized Onion Hummus, or any roasted garlic or plain hummus
- 6 dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of ham, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups Gruyère cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread hummus evenly over store-bought pizza crust.
- Evenly sprinkle apricots and then slices of ham. Twist each slice and press down a bit in the hummus to stick. Cover with grated cheese.
- Spread a piece of foil on the middle rack and bake pizza on it for 15 minutes. Slice into bite-size wedges and serve immediately.