It’s party time! Start your guests off right with any of these 15 Awesome Appetizers!
When planning that perfect Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner or cocktail party, you need to ease your guests into the mood by teasing their pallet with some tasty and elegant finger foods. Here’s my list of 15 Awesome Party Appetizers that always make an appearance at my parties.
1. Lori’s Surprise Canapés – I love these because it’s simple to make the filling up to 10 days ahead and assemble in a snap just before guests arrive. Perfect for those last-minute ‘surprise’ guests… get it?
2. Kennedy’s Famous Shrimp Dip – This recipe has stood the test of time for some 70 years… so it must be great, right?
3. Pancetta, Plums and Pistachios on Warm Brie – Gooey goodness that needs to be shared!
4. Roasted Figs with Blue Cheese and Ham – from Nerds with Knifes -This is a recipe that looks so good… I need to give it a try!
5. Cranberry, Pistachio and Goat Cheese Palmiers – from Cookin’ Canuck – these look super easy. Just pull a sheet of puff pastry out of the freezer and whip up a few of these amazing nibbles.
6. Assorted Holiday Goat Cheese Balls – from Joyful Holiday Eats – everyone loves a good cheese ball, but make it even easier for guests with these really cute individual ones on pretzel sticks… genius!
7. Spiced Pork in Parmesan Cups – These appetizers are a showstopper, guest will never know they were so easy to make!
8. Thai Meatballs – This delicious recipe made with Canadian Beef appears in the 2015 Holiday issue of EatInEatOut™ magazine.
9. Smoked Salmon Dill Spread – Fresh, tasty and so simple.
10. Cranberry Pecan Cheeseball – from Creme de la Crumb – simply a classic.
11. Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip – from Gimme Some Oven – everyone loves this classic dip, and if you can make it ahead in your slow cooker… bonus!
12. Artichoke and Asiago Dip – Still on dip, this one is the bomb… nomnom!
13. Pork, Fig & Gorganzola Crostini – This one takes a little more prep time, but the mix of flavours is amazing.
14. Beef & Mushroom Thai Lettuce Cups – I love the crunchy explosion of the cool lettuce, contrasted by a spicy hot zip of beef and mushrooms.
15. Caprese Salad Crisps – These little gems are so simple and soooo good! Colourful and delicious, always a party pleaser. Check out the recipe below.
That’s a wrap, party on…
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (or ¼ cup PC Truffle Balsamic Vinegar Glaze)
- 1 baguette, sliced
- ½ cup canola oil, divided
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, chopped into ½ “ cubes
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- salt and cracked black pepper
- If not using store bought balsamic vinegar glaze, pour vinegar into a small saucepan and heat over medium-low until it comes to a slow boil. Allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes until it has begun to thicken and is about ½ it’s original volume. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Reheat oven to 400ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay the slices of bread on parchment and brush each top face with some canola oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- In a large bowl mix remaining canola oil, cheese, basil and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Spoon the tomato mixture on top of toasted baguette slices. Top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, additional extra-virgin canola oil and cracked black pepper.