I LOVE A GREAT LIST, DON’T YOU?
As we head into the holiday season, I always feel like making lists. To kick off list season there is nothing better than compiling an awesome list of my favourite holiday squares and cookie recipes. Testing and tasting home-baked goodies is a highlight of the holidays so let’s get started!
Here’s a list of 15 Best-ever Cookies and Bars that are EIEO tried and true favourites.
1. Fruit Cake Cookies: These are showstoppers! I like to start big, so I’m kicking off the list with a cookie that has to be a true holiday classic. You’ve got to make these if you like soft, moist and slightly chewy deliciousness (who doesn’t?).
2. Coconut-Lime Shortbread Cookies: These cookies are gorgeous – they will make you look like a professional baker, promise.
3. Ranger Cookies: Sometime called Cowboy Cookies, these huge and hearty cookies are perfect with a big glass of milk on a cold December evening.
4. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies: This is an amazing twist on a traditional favourite. I love the added hit of red on the holiday cookie tray.
5. Clementine Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies: Still on a citrus high from these little gems.
6. Triple Chocolate Nutella-Stuffed Cookies: For the chocolate lover who never has enough.
7. Chocolate-Cherry Hello Dollies: These squares are simply amazing. The perfect mix of coconut, chocolate, nuts and dried cherries.
8. PB & J Pinwheel Cookies: Looking for a unique cookie to add a pop of colour to your cookie tray this season… nailed it….
9. Chewy Coconut Macaroons: These little guys are so pretty. Chewy and moist, they are a coconut lovers dream.
10. Stuffed Brownies: This basic brownie recipe is the bomb, but best of all, these Stuffed Brownies have a surprise in every bite!
11. Christmas Meringues: OMG these are so cute! Crisp and light as air, what a holiday charmer.
12. Sour-Cherry Pistachio Cookies: I first made these back in 2012 and I still love the combination of tart dried cherries and chewy pistachio nuts.
13. No-Bake Chocolate Haystack Cookies: I know you are sick of me reminding you of this recipe, but it is soooo popular!
14. Cherry Chocolate Cookie: Some people call these ‘Rudolphs’, I love that name! I believe they first appeared in the early 1980’s in Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
15. Fruitcake Brownie Cookies: Can you imagine anything better than combining brownies and cookies… I didn’t think so.
I grew up making and eating No Bake Cookies with my Grandmother. I still love them probably even more! I never get tired of these delicious cookies! Thank you for sharing again!!