Say goodbye to this year with a roundup of EatInEatOut’s 15 most popular recipes of 2015
One last list for the year… As we toast the final moments of 2015, I thought a countdown of the recipes that you loved the most over the past year would be a great sign-off.
Let’s start at the bottom with #15…
15. Easy Maple Apple Pecan Strudel – posted in the heart of fall apple picking, this is a really easy recipe with a classic flavour combination.
14. Greek Yogurt Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches – sometimes the most simple recipes are the most appealing. This delicious new take on egg salad was a big hit!
13. Sweet & Salty Granola Bars – everyone loves a copycat recipe and this one is really good.
12. Creamy (no cream) Asparagus Soup – healthy recipes like one are always popular. I posted it at Thanksgiving so it made a great meal starter idea.
11. 20-Minute Bean, Tomato and Spinach Soup – The popularity of this soup may be because it is made with simple pantry staples or maybe because it’s prepared in under 20-minutes or maybe just the hearty yummy taste.
10. Deconstructed Beef Wellies – This recipe is my new-go-to for special occasion dinner. You must have thought so too.
9. Rainbow Zucchini Noodle Salad with Blueberries – in the heart of blueberry season, this fresh local salad made with trendy zucchini noodles must have been the perfect thing.
8. Dark Chocolate, Pretzel & Caramel Bark – another great copycat recipe, this gem just got posted last week and is truly a winner!
7. Chewy Coconut Macaroons – I kicked off the 2015 holiday baking season this simple recipe. It’s popularity may have been timing, or just the simplicity of the recipe… you tell me?
6. Pecan Pie Bars – posted at back-to-school time, these gems are easy to make, travel well and freeze like a charm. The perfect thing for a busy Mom.
5. Pumpkin Zucchini Loaf with Streusel Topping – In October everyone goes PUMPKIN CRAZY! There never seems to be enough pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pasta, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin , pumpkin, pumpkin…
4. Mom’s Awesome Meat Sauce – I’m so glad you loved this one, and so would my Mom!
3. Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef – I was sure this awesome recipe was going to be #1, but third place is still really good. I know why you love this one – A – slow cooker, B – Simple and C – Mind-blowing taste!
2. Skinny Banana Oat Muffins – coming in at #2 was a healthy recipe that is bound to become a classic. At only 168 calories, it’s a great way to start your day off right.
That bring us to the #1 recipe for 2015…. drum roll please….
1. Tuxedo Cake – I can totally see why you loved this one. Simple, yet elegant, with moist chocolate layers, whipped cream and a finish of dark chocolate ganache. Perfection.
Well that’s a wrap on 2015. Thank you so much for your support throughout the year, I’m thrilled that you continue to love our magazine and blog.
Enjoy your New Year celebrations and I’ll see you in 2016!